These hotels are in close location to all the Reunion events:
1. Scottish Inn and Suites of Metter
912-685-2700 very near the Friday night "Cannonade over the Lake"
scheduled for @ 9:00 Friday night June 8th. [However, for those who
require it, this hotel does not have a pool.] Rite Aid, Pizza, Fried
Chicken, Nail Botique, located adjacent. Cannonade will end @ 9 p.m. Friday.
2. Econo Lodge of Metter 912-685-4100 Located at the western end of the
Lake where one might see some of the Cannonade. Has a pool and Western
Steer Steakhouse and Crabby Joes Seafood and Bar are located adjacent to it.
Inconsistent service sometimes reported.
3. American Inn and Suites of Metter 912-685-2800 lower rates, just the bare basics, but
does have a pool.
fast. 912-685-3000. Because of the way they are handling reservations, you must
Mention SCV Reunion for the discount rate and you must speak with MRS. ANNE
PURCELL. Some of the clerks have mistaken the blocked off rooms for "reserved"
rooms and turned reservations away. To avoid any confusion, call the local
number 912-685-3000 and ask to speak to Mrs. Anne Purcell specifically.
5. Scottish Inn at exit # 116 off of 301, approximately 14 miles from
Metter right down I-16 (only about a 10 minute drive with no stop lights).
Recently constructed, with pool and night time security, lite breakfast,
and no-cost laundry service. Single occupancy at $52, double at special
rate of $55. Call 912-852-5200 and ask for Sons of Confederate Veterans
Reunion Rate. If you want a more relaxed motel, this is the one. The drive
to this motel is a breeze. The managers have assured us they will try to make SCV
members feel like family. Ask to speak to David or Lisa Thompson and ask for the SCV rate.
KEY EVENTS OF THE REUNION
- Friday Night BBQ and Cannonade Over the Lake
- Saturday Biz Session and Luncheon with Dr. Charles Thomas Speaking on the topic of notable Germans who served in the Confederacy.
- Saturday Night Banquet and Hoe Down with the UnReconstructed Band
- Sunday Memorial Service at Lake Church Cemetery
DON'T FORGET TO VISIT
- Guido's Gardens (a stop on the visitor's Tour sponsored by the Dixie Guards)